Jaguar XKR-S GT unveiled in New York
27th March 2013
- The Jaguar XKR-S GT is the ultimate road-going, track-ready XK coupe
- Developed by Jaguar's ETO division, production limited to just 30 cars
- Jaguar XKR-S GT is rarest model in 25-year history of Jaguar R performance cars
- XKR-S GT features bespoke aerodynamic aids for maximum downforce of 145kg
- Carbon ceramic brake system standard - a first for a production Jaguar
- Bespoke adaptive dampers are eight-way adjustable with race-derived twin spring system
- Front track, camber, bushings and steering ratio all revised for high-performance GT
- Six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters, active electronic differential
- Powered by Jaguar's supercharged 5.0-litre V8 engine, producing 550PS and 680Nm
- 0-60 takes just 3.9 seconds, top speed electronically limited to 186MPH
- New 20-inch forged, lightweight alloy wheels with Pirelli Corsa tyres
"The XKR-S GT is the most extreme iteration of the Jaguar R Brand's performance focus. Utilising race-car derived technology, all-aluminium construction and an uncompromised approach to aerodynamic efficiency, the result is a car as capable on the track as it is exhilarating on the road."
Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director, Jaguar
The XKR-S GT has been developed by Jaguar's ETO division to be the ultimate track-focused but road-going iteration of the XK coupe. Extensive aerodynamic and suspension changes, as well as the addition of carbon ceramic brakes, have combined to give the XKR-S GT race-car inspired connected feel and braking performance. Initial production will be limited to just 30 cars for the North American market.
A range of bespoke carbon fibre components, including an extended front splitter, dive-planes and elevated rear wing, all work to maximise the XKR-S GT's aerodynamic downforce. Technical learning from the development of the new Jaguar F-TYPE two-seater sports car has also been applied to the XKR-S GT's suspension and steering systems, optimising both immediacy of response to driver input and agility.
Stunning performance is provided by Jaguar's proven 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine, boasting 550PS and 680Nm, driving through a six-speed transmission and active electronic differential. Combined with the aerodynamic and suspension changes, plus revisions to the traction control system's calibration, the result in straight-line terms is a 0-60mph time of 3.9 seconds. Electronically limited top speed is 186mph.
The XKR-S GT is available in Polaris White with unique graphics and Jaguar R-S GT script on its louvred bonnet. The warm charcoal interior - with red accents - features 16-way electrically adjustable 'Performance' seats finished in soft-grain Warm Charcoal leather and Suedecloth with the Jaguar and R-S GT scripts integrated into the backrests. Jet Suedecloth headlining and a Jet Suedecloth steering wheel, with aluminium paddle shifters, are fitted as standard. Script to the treadplates and console highlight the exclusiveness of the XKR-S GT.
"The development of the XKR-S GT demanded an uncompromised approach to enhance aerodynamic downforce, with complementary suspension changes to maximise high-speed cornering ability. In combination with the use of a carbon ceramic braking system, the result is the most focused 'R' model Jaguar has ever built which delivers heightened levels of performance and driver reward."
Pete Simkin, Director, ETO Specialist Products, Jaguar
To look at the selection of Jaguar Bramley currently have in stock today: