The all-new Audi R8 heads for Geneva
28th February 2015
V10 supercar is reborn with advanced new quattro all-wheel-drive and up to 610 PS propelling less weight to a top speed of 205mph
- Second generation of the acclaimed supercar makes its debut in Geneva
- Available to order in the UK in May 2015, first deliveries in quarter four – pricing expected to be confirmed soon after Geneva unveiling
- First UK customer deposits are already being taken
- 5.2 FSI engine with up to 610 PS, 0-62 mph in just 3.2 seconds
- New multimaterial Audi Space Frame with high proportion of aluminium and CFRP
- Up to 50kg lighter than its predecessor
No model bearing the four rings is closer to motorsport, none is more striking and more dynamic: at the Geneva Motor Show, Audi will present the second generation of its high-performance R8 sports car. The mid-mounted V10 and newly developed quattro all-wheel-drive system ensure breathtaking performance, especially in the top-of-the-range version with 610PS, which not only powers to 62mph from rest more rapidly than any series production Audi in history but is also the first to be capable of officially pushing beyond 200mph.
The R8 has been newly developed from the ground up – it is more taut, more striking and more focused both on the race track and on the road. Key contributions to the marked improvements over its critically acclaimed predecessor are made by the high-revving mid-mounted engine with significantly enhanced performance, the architecture with its even greater emphasis on lightweight construction principles and the advanced chassis with quattro drive system and fully variable torque control.
“Motorsport is in Audi’s genes, it has always been a permanent feature of our brand’s character,” says Prof. Dr. Ulrich Hackenberg, Board Member for Technical Development at Audi. “With the new Audi R8, our engineers are bringing accumulated racing expertise from the race track onto the road. No other model of ours evokes more dynamic emotion. The new R8 V10 plus is therefore the most powerful and fastest series-production Audi of all time.”
To look at the selection of Audi Bramley currently have in stock today: