UK ordering open for the dynamic new CLA-Class
19th March 2013
- Stylish new CLA four-door coupé blends innovation, style and practicality with two model lines and high levels of equipment
- Two UK model lines – Sport and AMG Sport – available with a choice of two engines and two suspension configurations
- CLA 180 equipped with a 1,596 cc four-cylinder petrol engine developing 122 hp and returning 50.4 mpg
- CLA 220 CDI powered by a 2,143 cc four-cylinder diesel engine producing 170 hp achieves 62.8 mpg
- CLA 180 Sport available from £24,355 OTR, and CLA 220 CDI Sport from £29,355 OTR
The all-new Mercedes-Benz CLA is available to order now, with prices starting from £24,355 OTR.
A cool, compact four-door coupé, the innovative CLA balances fresh style with practicality. Despite its alluring lines, the CLA is capable of carrying five people and even has a large, practical boot. The CLA range in the UK is split into two model lines – Sport and AMG Sport – paired with a choice of two efficient and refined engines.
The CLA is the most aerodynamically-efficient car on-sale today – allowing the choice of four-cylinder petrol or diesel engines to deliver the highest possible economy whilst retaining the levels of refinement and performance expected of a Mercedes-Benz. The powerful CLA 220 CDI is capable of accelerating from rest to 62 mph in 8.2-seconds yet can return 62.9 mpg.
UK key specifications:
|CLA 180||CLA 220 CDI|
|Gearbox options||Six-speed manual||7G-DCT automatic|
|Power (hp)/Torque (Nm)||122/200||170/350|
|0-62 MPH (seconds)||9.3||8.2|
|Top speed (MPH)||130||143|
|Boot volume (litres)||470||470|
|Sport OTR Price||£24,355||£29,355|
|AMG Sport OTR Price||£26,555||£31,555|
The CLA – be it in Sport or AMG Sport guise – features a comprehensive list of standard equipment – making use of the latest advances in comfort, safety and dynamic technologies.
Key standard equipment:
- Attention Assist
- Collision Prevention Assist
- Active Park Assist
- Audio 20 CD/radio with 5.8 inch colour display
- Aux-in socket and USB port in centre armrest
- Becker Map Pilot®pre-wiring
- Twin exhaust pipe system in polished stainless steel
- Dual zone climate control
- Light and Sight package; consisting of rain-sensing wipers, reading and console lights and illuminated vanity mirrors, door sills and storage compartment in the centre console
|CLA Sport||CLA AMG Sport (in addition to Sport)|
|Comfort suspension||Sport suspension|
|18-inch wheels in Himalaya Grey||18-inch wheels, AMG, five-spoke|
|Black grille, louvre in silver||Diamond grille with silver pins, single louvre in gloss black|
|Multifunction sports steering wheel finished in nappa leather||Multifunction sports steering wheel finished in nappa leather with flat bottom design|
|Sports seats with integrated headrests in Artico leather and Corumba cloth upholstery||Sports seats with integrated headrests in Artico leather and Dinamica microfibre upholstery|
|Sport bodystyling with chrome trim highlights||AMG bodystyling with front and rear apron, sill extensions and Night package featuring black door mirrors, and beltline strip, privacy glass and bi-xenon headlights|
To further personalise the CLA, there are a number of key options available, including the Exclusive package, priced at £1,970 for Sport variants and £1,640 for AMG Sport variants. The Exlusive package consists of an Artico artificial leather upper dashboard with topstitching, leather upholstery, four-way lumbar support in the front seats, velour floor mats with edging, armrest with topstitching and headed front seats, which come in a choice of three colours for Sport (Lava Black, Hazlenut Brown and Crystal Grey), and in Lava Black with red perforations for AMG Sport lines.
In addition to the standard Jupiter Red and Cirrus White paint, the CLA can be specified in five metallic paints as an option, as well as designo Magno Polar Silver for £1,480, or designo Patagonia Red for £1,790, with all prices including VAT.
To look at the selection of Mercedes Bramley currently have in stock today: