Jaguar announces specification and UK pricing for new F-Type Coupe
15th November 2013
- The new F-TYPE Coupé is the most dynamically capable, performance-focused, production Jaguar ever
- The model line-up is headlined by the F-TYPE R Coupé, its 550PS/680Nm 5.0-litre V8 supercharged engine enabling acceleration from 0-60mph in 4.0-seconds, and a top speed of 186mph (limited)
- The F-TYPE R Coupé features Jaguar’s second-generation Electronic Active Differential which works in parallel with a new Torque Vectoring by braking system to deliver enhanced agility and exploitable handling at the limit
- F-TYPE Coupé builds on Jaguar’s industry-leading expertise in aluminium delivering torsional rigidity of 33,000 Nm/degree – it is the most torsionally rigid production Jaguar ever
- The all-aluminium F-TYPE Coupé embodies the uncompromised design vision of the award-winning C-X16 concept
- F-TYPE S Coupé and F-TYPE Coupé models complete the range, powered respectively by 380PS and 340PS versions of Jaguar’s 3.0-litre supercharged V6 engine, giving 0-60mph in 4.8/5.1-seconds and top speeds of 171/161mph
- F-TYPE Coupé price starts at £51,235 on-the-road (OTR)
- F-TYPE S Coupé from £60,235 and F-TYPE R Coupé priced at £85,000 OTR
- A Carbon Ceramic Matrix (CCM) braking system – featuring 398/380mm discs front/rear – is optional on both F-TYPE R and F-TYPE S Coupé models
- All engines drive the rear wheels through an eight-speed 'Quickshift' transmission with full manual sequential control via steering wheel-mounted paddles or the central SportShift lever
- The F-TYPE Coupé has up to 407-litres* of boot space – easily accommodating two sets of golf clubs – the tailgate being available with power assisted opening
- The F-TYPE Coupé range complements the existing 2013 ‘World Car Design of the Year’ award-winning F-TYPE Convertible model line-up of F-TYPE,
F-TYPE S and F-TYPE V8 S
The all-aluminium F-TYPE Coupé – the most dynamically capable, performance-focused sports car that Jaguar has ever produced – is available in three versions: F-TYPE R, F-TYPE S and the F-TYPE.
The range-topping F-TYPE R Coupé is powered by Jaguar’s 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine in 550PS/680Nm tune, delivering acceleration to 60mph in 4.0-seconds, and a top speed of 186mph (electronically limited).
The F-TYPE S Coupé and F-TYPE Coupé are powered by Jaguar’s 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engines in 380PS/460Nm and 340PS/450Nm forms respectively, giving 0-60mph in 4.8/5.1-seconds and top speeds of 171/161mph.
The F-TYPE Coupé embodies the uncompromised design vision of the stunning Jaguar C-X16 concept sports coupé that debuted at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show, its dramatic cabin-rearward stance being defined by three heartlines. The first two heartlines – shared with F-TYPE Convertible – form the muscular front and rear wings, the third heartline being the sweeping Coupé roof profile which provides an unbroken silhouette while emphasising the visual drama of the tapered cabin sitting between powerful rear haunches.
“The F-TYPE Coupé provides its driver with a unique sports car experience. It combines seductive design with cutting-edge technology and performance which is truly breathtaking. Engaging, precise, intuitive and alive – it is the definitive sports Coupé.”
Phil Popham, Group Marketing Director, Jaguar Land Rover
“Creating a sports Coupé is the purest of design tasks, and also the most challenging; get it right and aesthetically the result will be as dynamic as the car should be rewarding to drive. In F-TYPE Coupé, I believe we’ve got it right.
The purity of the C-X16 concept has been retained without compromise; the F-TYPE Coupé’s long bonnet, low roofline and tapering cabin inspire me every time I see it.”
Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar
“The F-TYPE R Coupé represents the pinnacle of Jaguar’s R Performance range – its power, performance and immediacy of response will reward the most enthusiastic of drivers while, most importantly, we’ve engineered the chassis to provide exploitable handling that inspires confidence. It’s precise, and it’s fast… a true driver’s car.”
Mike Cross, Chief Engineer, Vehicle Integrity, Jaguar
To look at the selection of Jaguar Bramley currently have in stock today: